Accommodation is offered at our own small friendly hotel situated in the nearby historic village of Bampton.
Please visit thewaggoner.com for more information.
From here you will be able to enjoy private en-suite rooms and your meals are served in our bespoke restaurant area. You can choose your meal from our menu, soft drinks are included but there is a charge for any alcoholic drinks (you are welcome to bring your own).
Bampton offers a great location from which to explore Exmoor and beyond. Situated approximately six miles from our yard the holiday package offers you a mix of beautiful riding scenery and wide open spaces. All with the added benefit of staying in the heart of a historic charter town close to Exmoor National Park.
Prices and typical itinerary
Please contact us for prices and to discuss your personal requirements.
Itinerary can vary depending on personal preferences, ride duration times are approximate.
Arrival day after 3pm
- Two-hour ride
- Evening meal
Each full day
- Normal itinerary for each day but this can be adjusted to suit
- Help yourself to our fully cooked English breakfast, cereals, fresh fruit salad, fruit juices and hot toast followed by 2 hour ride (approx)
- Our light lunch offer will vary but a typical offer will be hot soup and freshly baked crusty rolls, toasted paninis, selections of sandwiches and salads, muffins, home-made scones with Devon clotted cream or fresh fruit salad to name but few from our menu!
- You can now enjoy some free time to relax in the afternoon sun on our huge deck and enjoy the stunning scenery and peace and quiet of our location, or take the opportunity to visit a local attraction—maybe one of the stunning North Devon beaches
- Afternoon tea and cakes followed by your second two-hour ride (approx)
- At the end of the day you will enjoy a two-course evening meal or maybe a BBQ on the patio if the weather is good to us!
Departure day by 2pm
- Cooked Breakfast
- Two-hour ride
- Buffet Lunch
All prices are per person. Prices include accommodation, riding, breakfast, lunch and evening meal. Depending on the riding itinerary you choose, extra expenses during your holiday will include any entrance fees to local attractions and lunches/evening meals taken away from our home.
You will have free time every day to relax and enjoy the surroundings or if you are travelling without your own transport we will happily drive you to any local attractions during your holiday if you want a break from the saddle.
How to book
- To make a booking please download our Booking Form (PDF, 50KB).
- Once you have completed and signed the booking form please return it to us (address below) once you have read our Terms and Conditions
- A deposit of £100 will secure your holiday with a balance due 6 weeks prior to the start date of your holiday.
Cheques can be made payable to Lower Ford Equestrian and sent to:
Devon Riding Holidays
Lower Ford Equestrian